Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dear Basia (and Danny)

I have every album you have released in the states. I consider myself a fan.

So... I hate to say this, but I was disappointed by your latest album, «It's That Girl Again». Which is a real shame since it was you two who did most of the heavy lifting on the incomparably good «Matt's Mood».

I was especially struck by the obvious key changes in "Someone for Everyone", "Blame it on the Summer", and "Winners". I mean, come on... you two are much better songwriters than that. Why did you decide to rely on cheap key changes in those songs? Ugh.

Look, you two are still awesome. Perhaps you need to spread your wings a little bit further for musical inspiration.

Let me end on a positive note. Basia, I melt when I hear your voice. Whatever has happened, your voice is muy sexy. Basia and Danny, you still can create great music. There are some great tracks on your album (despite its inconsistency), which means you two have something to build on for the future.

And finally, thanks for getting back into the music game. It's been too long. I hope your next album will be sooner rather than later.

I will be buying that one too, with fingers crossed.

Best,